September 15, 2016
DIY Beauty & Self-Care
Whether you’re looking to save a little money or time - or simply go the more natural route, these 10 DIY beauty and self-care tips may be helpful! Below, you'll find steps that you can easily add to your daily routine as needed (from how to properly secure bobby pins to a simple method for better sleep).
(1) Wipe over makeup and dissolve it using a small amount of organic coconut oil on a cotton pad.
(2) Mix brown sugar, olive oil and honey for a natural, nourishing lip scrub.
(3) Before stepping out of the shower, give your hair a cool water rinse to seal in moisture and boost shine.
(4) For longer lasting fragrance, apply it directly after drying off from the shower. The moisture on your skin will lock in the scent, helping it stick around for a longer period of time.
(5) For fuller lashes, lightly sweep loose translucent powder over your lashes before applying mascara.
(6) To tame unruly brows, spray a toothbrush with some hairspray and lightly smooth them into place. Just be sure not to use your regular toothbrush. ;)
(7) For added grip and security when using bobby pins, lightly spray them with hairspray or dry shampoo before placing them in your hair. And for the best hold, insert bobby pins with the smooth side up and wavy side down.
(8) Sleep is vital for our overall health. When we get enough of it, we look better on the outside, and more importantly, feel better on the inside. If you're struggling to fall asleep at night, try a few drops of lavender essential oil on your pillow before bed as it often serves as a natural relaxant and induces sleep. Click here to check out the Lavender Essential Oil Spray from Jordan Essentials.
(9) If you're feeling stressed and exhausted, you may need to recharge. Stress can weaken the immune system. Decreased energy, fatigue, breakouts, brittle hair and nails... These are just some of the symptoms you might experience. Be more active throughout the day, but on your terms. Whether it's a trip to the gym, walking the dog, or riding a bike, just get moving! Doing something you actually enjoy will make it easier for you to stay active more often. Be realistic and don't bully yourself. Being active and healthy is not about being "perfect" - it's about balance and discovering what works best for you. Ultimately, you'll sleep better and likely look and feel more refreshed.
(10) We live in a very damned if you do, damned if you don't society. It can be difficult to ever really feel "good enough" ... We're judged on so many things (too many). And as humans, we're likely all guilty of judging others at some point. While the topic is common, I still wanted to include it as my final bit of advice in this post. As long as it isn't harmful to yourself or others, do what makes you happy. If there's one thing you can do right now in taking care of yourself, it's this. Life is hard, but it's also meant to be enjoyed. It's simply way too short. So while you're here, don't be weighed down by insecurity or the pressure to be someone you're not. It's not worth it. And if all else fails... there's always wine.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post.